At the recent #Chick-fil-A Leadercast event at Rowan University, John C. Maxwell talked about the five levels of leadership. Here is some of what I wrote down in my notes:
- Position level–key word Rights. People follow you because they have to.
- Permission level–key word Relationships. People follow you because they want to.
- Production level–key word Results. People follow you because you are setting the example and producing results.
- People-developing level–key word Recruitment. You begin training other people who in turn train other people.
- Pinnacle level–key word Respect. People follow you because of who you are and the qualities that you have.
Leadership is Influence!!
Managers try to solve problems while Leaders try to create momentum.
Successful people find what other people are good at.
We teach what we know and we reproduce what we are.
Great stuff from #John C. Maxwell. Plan on attending next years Leadercast on May 4, 2012. You will be glad you did!