Reading from “Our Daily Bread” this morning, I thought of how coming to Jesus impacts all areas of our lives, including our work and business. The primary scripture referenced is John 6:30-40.
Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger.”~John 6:35.
In Jesus we have:
- Salvation: “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”~John 3:15
- Purpose: “And when He had called the people to Him, with His disciples also, He said to them, ‘whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.'”~Mark 8:34
- Comfort: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”~II Corinthians 1:3-4
- Wisdom: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”~James 1:5
- Strength: “The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.”~Psalm 29:11
- Abundant Life: “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”~John 6:37
Here are the ways I relate these scriptures to my worklife:
- Salvation: As a Christian business woman, I strive to be Christlike to everyone I work with or provide a product or service to. Since salvation in Christ is so critical to where we will spend eternity, I want others to see Christ in me so that if they do not already know Him, they will be drawn to Him through their contact with me; and if they already know Him, it is my desire to encourage, uplift and strengthen them in their walk with Him. (If you are reading this post and you do not know Jesus and would like more information, please contact me. I will be happy to share with you the difference Jesus has made in my life.)
- Purpose: I believe God gives us dreams and talents significant to the areas of work He has for us to do. He desires for us to honor Him with our work in ways that will achieve His purpose for our lives, and ultimately that purpose is to reach others with His message for them. When Jesus walked on earth, He was a servant. He touched the lives of all those around Him. He met people at their place of need, healing hearts, healing bodies, healing minds, forgiving sins. He wants us to do the same in His name, and that means in business too. I don’t think He wants us to separate our personal lives from our business lives to the point that we leave Him out of our work.
- Comfort: Even when times are hard or challenges surface, Jesus is our comfort and strength. When we get discouraged, we can be encouraged again by reading His word and spending time with Him in prayer. We are also to comfort and encourage others!!
- Wisdom: Jesus gives us fresh ideas when we need them. He helps us solve difficult problems and overcome situations that might otherwise seem impossible. He helps us know what is honorable, what is the right thing to do when perhaps the world is telling us to do something different. His word becomes our standard of practice for our lives and our business.
- Strength: Life can be hard. Business deals can be difficult. Finances can get tight. We sometimes grow weary. But He is our strength to keep pressing on as we trust in Him, look to Him, spend time with Him, love Him. When a deadline is approaching, we must make sure we still make time for Him and He will make sure we meet that deadline!
- Abundant Life: Jesus wants us to prosper and have an abundant life. He wants to bless us but He also requires our obedience to Him and His word, and He wants us to honor Him in all that we do. The more we honor Him and submit to His will, the more He blesses us with the Abundant Life He has for us! Don’t miss out on your blessing. Put Jesus Christ first in your life TODAY!!